- Ahmeds & Ors v Mukith & Ors  EWHC 315 (Ch) - representing the successful Claimants in a dispute as to the ownership and control of the Shahjalal Mosque and Islamic Cultural Centre, a significant community asset in the west end of Newcastle.
- R (on the application of XY) v (1) Crown Court sitting at Newcastle (2) Chief Constable of Northumbria, (3) DPP  EWHC 1872 (Divisional Court) - representing a covert human intelligence source (CHIS) in his judicial review of decisions to that there was no public interest immunity in his identity and to reveal that identity to defendants in the "Operation Sanctuary" trials.
- Ghura, Ghura, Singh, Boi Trading Co Ltd and Chan Casuals Ltd v Dalal, Dalal and Blackburn Clothing Company Ltd  EWHC 605 (Ch),  EWHC 1685 (Ch) - claims and cross-claims involving property developments in Dubai.
- Cuban Cigar Club, Newcastle - obtained a premises licence for this specialist tobacconist. Involved issues as to what constitutes "sampling" for the purpose of the smoke-free legislation.
- Lifestyle Express, Newcastle - appeal relating to a condition requiring compliance with "reducing the strength" scheme.
- Newcastle City Juniors FC Sports Club - licensing clubhouse for this successful junior football club.
- Fusion Festival - securing a licence for this well-established festival upon its move from Birmingham to Liverpool. The new licence has a capacity of 60,000 and was granted against heavy opposition. Instructed by the event organiser on a direct public access basis.
- Eleven Arches - the UK's largest open air night spectacular, based on Puy de Fou, part of Jonathan Ruffer's £100m vision to regenerate Bishop Auckland. Premises licence application.
- Abbeyfield Newcastle upon Tyne Society Ltd v Newcastle City Council  EWHC 2437
- R (Ruby May (1) Limited) v Leeds City Council  EWHC 878 (Admin) "Counsel who appeared for Ruby May, Mr Holland, was first instructed very shortly before the hearing. Despite that, he presented Ruby May's case cogently, succinctly and persuasively so that his clients were not (so far as I could tell) disadvantaged in any way." Stuart-Smith J
- Wilcock v Lancaster City Council  EWCA Civ 1607
- Wilcock v Lancaster City Council  EWHC 1231 (Admin)
- Paynter & Anor v Hinch  EWHC 13 (Ch)
- R.(on the application of Care North East Newcastle) v Newcastle City Council  EWHC 2655
- Gateshead Council v Henderson  EWHC 807 (Admin)
- North Eastern Properties Limited v. Coleman and Quinn :  1 W.L.R. 2715
- R.(on the application of Newcastle City Council) v. Berwick upon Tweed Borough Council : (2009) B.L.G.R. 195
- R.(on the application of Bushell) v. Newcastle Licensing Justices :  1 W.L.R. 1732
- R. v. Newcastle City Council : ex parte The Christian Institute  L.G.R. 165
- Newcastle City Council v. Morrison (2000) : 32 H.L.R. 891
"He has an eye for detail, is not afraid of challenging situations and has a commercial approach to clients' needs." Legal 500