- Before a High Court Judge acting on behalf of LA involving a child death and substance abuse leading to a six week finding of fact hearing.
- Before a Circuit Judge acted on behalf of the local authority in Fabricated or Factitious Illness case.
- Before a Deputy High Court Judge acting on behalf of LA regarding NAHI (‘shaken baby’) inflicting life changing injury to a new-born infant.
- Regular Court appearances before High and County Court Judges regarding Serious Inflicted Injury (fractures, bruising, burns and peri-natal) on behalf of parents, LA and children.
- Before a High Court Judge acted on behalf of the local authority in proceedings brought in the Inherent Jurisdiction regarding the Secure Placement of a 15 year old in secure accommodation and whether a DOL was an appropriate order.
- Before a Deputy High Court Judge/Circuit Judges acted on behalf of the teenage children who were giving instructions directly to their solicitor.
- Before a Deputy High Court Judge on behalf of the local authority where the teenage subject child was placed out of the jurisdiction in circumstances that amounted to a deprivation of liberty but were not secure accommodation.
- Before a Circuit Judge acted on behalf of the local authority in proceedings where there was an allegation that the child was at risk of forced marriage.
- Before a Circuit Judge acted on behalf of the child who was at risk of FGM from non-parental members of her family.
Julian practises in all areas of family law, undertaking work in public law proceedings, private law proceedings and applications following relationship breakdown.