Laura is instructed in all aspects of children work, including private and public law cases. In public law, she has acted for Local Authorities, parents and other family members in interim and final care proceedings and disclosure applications. She is regularly instructed in private law cases, including contact disputes, contested injunctions, removal from the jurisdiction, change of name and residence matters. She has worked on cases with mental health, domestic violence and sexual abuse issues and has experience in dealing with litigants in person.
Laura accepts instructions in a range of small claim and fast track cases for both Claimants and Defendants. She regularly deals with infant approval hearings and has experience acting in road traffic and stage 3 hearings. She also takes instructions to advise parties with written liability and quantum opinions. She regularly represents both Claimants and Defendants in credit hire hearings.
Laura practises in contractual disputes and accepts instructions in relation to insolvency matters, including bankruptcy, debt recovery and winding up petitions.
- 2007-2010 University of Leeds BA (Hons) English Literature and Theatre Studies
- 2010-2011 University of Northumbria Graduate Diploma in Law
- 2011-2012 University of Northumbria Bar Professional Training Course
- 2011 The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple Exhibition Scholar and Duke of Edinburgh Entrance Scholarship
- 2011 Northumbria University BPTC Scholarship
- 2012 The K.K. Luthra Memorial Mooting Competition in Delhi, India
- 2013 Winner of the Louise Godfrey QC Memorial Moot 2013
Laura is currently employed as a Lecturer in Law at Northumbria University, acting as module tutor for Civil Litigation and teaching skills-based modules and Family Law on the Bar Professional Training Course. Her research interests include Child and Family Law and she is undertaking further PHD study in this area.