Patience has a varied practice in a wide range of areas including family (public and private), housing, personal injury and business and property. Patience completed her common law pupillage under the supervision of Fiona Walker and Richard Stubbs.
Patience has a busy family practice and accepts instructions in both public and private law children’s proceedings. Patience has acted for local authorities, family members and Guardians in multi-day final composite and fact-finding hearings in public and private law proceedings. Patience also acts in private law matters involving contact, non-molestation orders and occupation orders.
Patience accepts instructions in all housing matters and is regularly instructed to draft pleadings and give advice. Patience has particular experience in possessions, housing disrepair and anti-social behaviour trials as well as allocation hearings.
Patience has developed a practice within personal injury Small Claims and Fast Track trials and accepts instructions to act on behalf of Claimants and Defendants.
Business & Property
Patience acts in and advises on all aspects of Business and Property work and has particular experience in contentious probate and breach of contract. Patience has also developed a strong practice in Claimant financial mis-selling and secret commission cases.
Patience has a wide range of commercial and legal experience, having worked in a variety of banks, a ‘Big 4’ accounting firm and a leading oil and gas servicing company. During her studies on the BPTC, Patience volunteered at Support Through Court (formerly known as the PSU), where she provided practical assistance and support to litigants in person. Following the completion of the BPTC, Patience worked as a County Court Advocate in and around London.
EDUCATION & AWARDS
- Bar Professional Training Course, Northumbria University (Very Competent) 2017 - 2018
- LLM in Bar Professional Training, Northumbria University (Distinction) 2017 - 2018
- LLB (Hons), University of Hertfordshire (First Class) 2012 - 2015
- Dean’s Award Scholarship: Northumbria Law School
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Family Law Bar Association
- Patience acts as a mentor for BME Legal, Bridging the Bar and Bar Practice Course students at Northumbria University.
For more information follow Patience on LinkedIn