Shada accepts instructions in all areas criminal law, housing, licensing and regulatory cases.
Shada consistently demonstrates an ability to digest large volumes of material and has a keen eye for detail. She is comfortably able to cut through factually complex cases and, through her very personable nature, has a natural ability to build a rapport quickly with clients.
Before commencing pupillage, Shada worked, for two years at a company specialising in derivative contract negotiations for large financial institutions. Prior to taking that position Shada worked as a County Court Advocate, where she appeared in a variety of hearings before the District Bench, including contested small claims. She also has valuable experience working with vulnerable adults from her time volunteering as an Appropriate Adult through Mind, a mental health charity.
Shada prosecutes and defends in all aspects of criminal cases in the Magistrates’ Court, Youth Court, Crown Court and High Court. Her experience includes:
- Securing an acquittal for a client charged with careless driving at work. It was alleged that Shada’s client had hit an elderly gentleman with her works vehicle while he crossed the road. The complaint required medical attention. An Independent witness gave evidence for the Prosecution
- Securing an acquittal a client charged with careless driving at work. Shada’s client was in driving a large goods vehicle which had a gross permissible weight of 32kg which had reversed over a colleague causing life changing injuries. The case involved expert evidence
- Exceptional hardship and special reasons arguments in driving disqualification case
- Assault emergency worker cases
- Committals for Magistrates’ Court to the Crown Court for sentence: possession of class A drugs with intent to supply, section 20 grievous bodily harm, Actual bodily harm.
Notably, Shada secured a suspended possession order for her client charged with two counts of possession with intent of Class A drugs, amount in possession valued at £3480 and one count of possession with intent to supply class B of £1,100, further details here
- Freezing and Forfeiture Orders, including appeals
- Appeals to the Crown Court against conviction and sentence
- Committal in the High Court for Contempt of Court. Shada secured her client a financial penalty
Shada’s practice covers all aspects of housing litigation. She has gained considerable experience in anti-social behaviour injunctions in both the County Court and Youth Court. Her experience includes:
- Successfully represented the Claimant in proving to the criminal standard that the Defendant had breached the anti-social behaviour injunction on eight occasions
Licensing & Regulatory
Shada accepts instructions in licensing and regulatory cases. Recently, Shada obtained a closure order in respect of a gym in Hartlepool which claimed it was remaining open in peaceful protest against the Coronavirus Regulations.
Shada has a keen interest in Inquests. She recently represented a motorcyclist involved in a road traffic collision with a cyclist who lost his life, further details here.
Shada is authorised to accept instructions under the Bar direct public access scheme.
CPS Prosecutor, Level 1
- The Honourable Society of Middle Temple
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
- Advocate, a pro bono charity of the Bar
- LLB (Hons) European Legal Studies (Upper 2:1) Kent University, including a year studying at The University of Bergen, Norway – 2012-2016
- BPTC (Very Competent) Northumbria University 2016-2017
Shada acts as a mentor for BPTC students at Northumbria University.
Shada is also a regular contributor to Chambers' programme of webinars and events:
Trinity Criminal Law Webinar - Youth Court : Practicalities & Opportunities
For more information follow Shada on LinkedIn.