Sophie currently accepts instructions in Family and Criminal matters.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Sophie worked for a number of years in the oil & gas and software industries, gaining significant commercial experience. During the BPTC, Sophie volunteered with Support Through Court, providing support and assistance to litigants in person. She also placed highly in a number of legal skills competitions. Following completion of the BPTC, Sophie worked as a County Court Advocate, instructed in a wide range of matters including Small Claims and Housing matters.
EDUCATION & AWARDS
- Bar Professional Training Course (with LLM), Northumbria University (Outstanding, Distinction) 2018- 2019
- Ede & Ravenscroft Prize for Best Overall Performance on BPTC LLM 2019
- BPTC Princess Royal Scholarship Award from Inner Temple 2018
- BPTC Dean’s Award Scholarship from Northumbria University 2018
- Ben Hoare Contribution Honour Roll from Northumbria University 2018 & 2019
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Northumbria University (Commendation) 2017-2018
- Biochemistry with Immunology BSc Hons, Newcastle University (2:1) 2009-2012
- The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple