- Ancillary Relief
- Public and Private Law
- Family Law Arbitration (including Children Scheme)
- Public Interest Immunity Disclosure
- Mental Health
- Mental Capacity
- Court of Protection
- Care Homes
Timothy is a recognised expert in high value ancillary and financial relief cases, especially those involving companies, partnerships, farms, “hidden wealth” and insolvency.
He is a member of the Institute of Family Law Arbitrators (IFLA) Panel and as a Family Dispute Resolution Facilitator and Arbitrator is qualified to conduct family law arbitrations and make orders under the IFLA rules, including in matrimonial finance and Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 proceedings. He is also qualified to undertake arbitrations under the Children Scheme. For further details visit Family & Children Arbitration.
Timothy has extensive experience of dealing with Local Authority Public law Children cases.
He is regularly instructed in relation to Court of Protection matters relating to vulnerable adults. He also deals with issues relating to care home fees.
Timothy is frequently instructed by Local Authorities in relation to safeguarding issues.
He has also Chaired Independent Services Case Reviews.
- Deputy District Judge 2000
- Appointed by the Department of Energy and Climate Change to hear Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC) Appeals 2012
- Institute of Family Law Arbitrators (IFLA) Panel 2013 - Family Dispute Resolution Facilitator and Arbitrator, including under the Children Scheme
- Family Law Bar Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Resolution (Affiliate)
- Bar Pro Bono Unit
LECTURES & SEMINARS
Timothy is a prolific deliverer of seminars and in-house events to local solicitors, local Law Societies and Local Authorities. He has given seminars relating to ancillary relief, public law children proceedings, public interest immunity disclosure and the Vetting and Barring Scheme.
LLB Newcastle upon Tyne
Timothy is interested in Italy, sport, especially Rugby Union, theatre and literature. In support of various children's and cancer charities and Help for Heroes, Timothy has completed 30 Great North Runs, the most recent in 2022 raising funds for The Stroke Association. In 2013 Timothy also completed the "Tough Mudder" in Yorkshire.