Yvonne defends and prosecutes in all aspects of criminal cases. Her experience includes cases involving:-
- Sexual assault
- Public disorder
- Money Laundering
- Proceeds of crime
- Motor offences
Yvonne has a particularly keen interest in dealing with cases involving domestic violence including mental, emotional and physical abuse. Yvonne has been junior counsel on high profile cases, including murder, manslaughter and conspiracy to supply drugs.
Police Misconduct & Professional Discipline
Yvonne is instructed as Independent Legal Advisor to the Panel in police misconduct/ disciplinary proceedings and deals with instructions from Police Authorities as well as representing police officers. Yvonne was herself a police officer before coming to the Bar.
Yvonne has prosecuted and defended in a variety of regulatory proceedings with a particular specialism in dealing with illegal money lending ("loan shark") cases on behalf of local authorities.
Her experience of regulatory work incudes advice, case preparation and advocacy in:-
- Trading Standards cases on behalf of local authorities, businesses and individuals
- VOSA prosecutions on behalf of VOSA and individuals
- Animal welfare cases
- Consumer credit offences
- Local Authority prosecutions
- Courts Martial proceedings on behalf of military personnel
- UK Border Agency prosecutions
Grade 3 Prosecutor CPS
- Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
- Criminal Bar Association
- Family Law Bar Association
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association
- Association of Military Court Advocates
LLB with distinction, University of Northumbria
Yvonne was a police officer between 1984 and 1991.She has a keen interest in cases involving all aspects of domestic violence.