Family Clerking Assistant - Newcastle Chambers
Chambers' rapidly growing Family team has a vacancy for a Clerking Assistant based in Newcastle.
An opportunity has arisen to join a clerking team regularly recognised in the leading legal directories:
"An excellent chambers and clerking service: they are always attentive and can offer a very wide range of expertise." "The clerks are very approachable and user-friendly, readily available and efficient...You really feel you know where you stand with them."
Chambers & Partners
Working alongside Chambers' experienced Family clerks, the role will involve responsibility for day-to-day administration duties, providing a high level of support to the wider team.
Specific tasks include:
- Answering phone calls and directing to the correct party, liaising with members, clients and the Courts on a regular basis.
- Managing shared email inbox.
- Scanning and filing correspondence.
- Diary management.
- Creating and updating case records.
- Arranging meetings in person, via telephone or video link.
- Any other duties as required by by the clerking team and barristers.
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- Strong communicator able to deal with sensitive matters with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Can work well under pressure, and to tight deadlines.
- Can work effectively as part of a team, and willing to go above and beyond when required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good eye for process improvement.
Commenting on the role at Trinity, Chambers Director, Tim Harris said:
"This is an excellent opportunity for either an experienced barristers' clerk or administrator to join a well-regarded, thriving and ambitious local business that has increasingly national and indeed international reach. We are looking for a candidate who is very much seeking to develop in the role and become an integral and invaluable member of the clerking team."
The successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary depending on experience.
- Competitive holiday allowance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
To find out more and apply please contact Anne White, Recruitment Consultant or one of her NRG colleagues, here. No agencies please.
Trinity Chambers abides by its Equality & Diversity Policies.