Costs Refresher from Trinity Family Barrister
On Wednesday 2nd July 2014 Trinity Family and Matrimonial Finance barrister Timothy Spain will be delivering a beginner/intermediate level talk on Costs in Family cases to members of Young Resolution North East.
Timothy will examine:-
- Family Procedure Rules 2010 -which Rules apply and when; practice and procedure.
- Public Funding – does it apply?
- Legal Services Order Applications under ss22ZA and ss22ZB MCA 1973 – the perils and pitfalls.
- When should an offer be marked “without prejudice” and when should it be marked “without prejudice, save as to costs.”
- Case law update, including Mitchell and the likely effect on family cases.
- Changes since the introduction of the Family Court on 22 April 2014.
Timothy is a member of Trinity Chambers' Family and Matrimonial Finance team recently recognised in the 2013 Legal 500 as "a strong, switched-on family law set" and under Family/Matrimonial Band 1 in Chambers UK 2014 "Trinity Chambers has cemented its position as one of the leading sets in the North East, and is renowned for its expertise across all aspects of family law. Its members are commended for their fantastic span of specialist family law knowledge, which ranges from complex ancillary relief to the heavy end of children's proceedings, including international abductions and sensitive public law cases."
As well as sitting as a Deputy District Judge, Timothy is a member of Trinity's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), Costs and Court of Protection teams. He is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Family Law Arbitrators (IFLA) Panel and is qualified to conduct family law arbitrations and make binding orders under the IFLA Rules.
The training event will take place from 5.00pm for a 5.30pm start at Ward Hadaway’s offices at Sandgate, Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne. Those wishing to attend should contact Katrina Pescott at Resolution, firstname.lastname@example.org.