Criminal Law Update at Trinity Chambers
On Tuesday 2nd April Anthony Edwards will be delivering a criminal law update seminar hosted at Trinity Chambers.
Anthony is a highly experienced criminal practitioner and duty solicitor. In his practical and pragmatic session, he will be covering the following topics:
- Statutory developments including the Mental Health (Use of Force) Act 2018
- Appropriate adults and criminal record certificates
- New Code for Crown Prosecutors
- Motoring Offences: SRA Transparency rules
- New Criminal Procedure Rules and Criminal Practice Direction
- Reasonable lines of enquiry in disclosure
- PET forms and adjournments
- Defences to crime; lack of capacity
- Criminal law and public order
- Sentencing young offenders
- Sentencing guidelines
- Bad character and hearsay developments
- Litigators’ and new advocates’ fees
The session, held at The Custom House, Quayside, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 3DE, will attract 3 hours Solicitors Regulation Authority CPD, with registration at 1.30pm for a 2pm start.
Please click here to book.