Criminal Law Update Seminar at Trinity Chambers
On Tuesday 15th October 2019 Anthony Edwards will be delivering a criminal law update seminar hosted at Trinity Chambers.
Anthony is a highly experienced criminal practitioner and duty solicitor and his seminar will cover all aspects of statutory change; criminal investigations; procedure and professional standards; youth justice; criminal law and road traffic; sentencing; evidence; costs and legal aid.
In his practical and pragmatic session, Anthony will be covering the following topics:
- New legislation for 2019 including the major changes by the Offensive Weapons Act 2019
- PACE Code issues; CPS guidance on the prosecution of the mentally ill; guidance for SFO and private prosecutions
- New Criminal Procedure Rules and Criminal Practice Direction 2019
- BCM forms, witness summonses, and other procedural issues
- Homicide and other offences
- Discount for guilty plea
- Sentencing Guidelines including the general guideline
- Mental Health disposals
- Victim surcharge
- Evidence: hearsay; bad character
- Defence costs orders
- Legal aid issues; Graduated fees including page count
The session, held at The Custom House, Quayside, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 3DE, will attract 3 hours Solicitors Regulation Authority CPD, with registration at 1.30pm for a 2pm start.
Please click here to book.