Institute of Occupational Safety & Health Legal Update
On the evening of Thursday 12th December 2013 Trinity barristers Chambers will be hosting a legal update event for the Tyne and Wear Branch of the the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
The popular annual session will be delivered by IOSH members Kirsty Gomersal and James Thompson of Simpson and Marwick Solicitors.The event will be Chaired by Trinity Regulatory and Criminal barrister, Caroline Goodwin.
The session will deal with current cases and issues in the field of health and safety and environmental protection. The speakers will cover:-
- Corporate manslaughter update
- Revisions to RIDDOR and the First Aid at Work Regulations
- CDM consultation
- ACoPs – amendments, withdrawals and new releases
- The Independent Regulatory Advice Panel – determinations
- Fee For Intervention (FFI) – one year on
- Personal Injury claims – removal of the right to rely on a breach of health and safety rules to bring a claim
- Management of Occupational Road Risk – developments
- Prosecution round up
- Environmental law – update on sentencing guidance and recent cases.
For further details and booking please visit the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health Events section of their website.