Planning Barrister Speaker at RTPI Retail Event
Specialist Trinity planning barrister, Nicola Allan is one of the speakers at an all day training event held by the Royal Town Planning Institute, North East. The event, to be held on 6 November 2013 starting at 9.30 am concluding at 4.00pm, will be held at the offices of Watson Burton Solicitors, 1 St James Gate, Newcastle upon Tyne.
The event, entitled "Planning for the Future of Retail in Town Centres", has attracted a wide range of speakers offering their expertise in relation to current retail planning issues. The comprehensive programme will cover:-
- Principles of town centre regeneration
- The effect on town centre key traders from changing buying patterns
- The importance of the town centre shopping centres and present threats
- Responding to the new retail trends and the threats to the town centre
- Legal overview of town centre policy
- Case studies will be used to review the role and success of recent policy and local initiatives
Chartered Town Planner, Nicola Allan will cover Judicial Review of Retail Schemes.
As well as heading Chambers' Planning group, Nicola is also a member of Trinity's Agriculture, Business, Chancery, Judicial Review and Regulatory practice groups. Nicola is also a member of the Attorney General's Regional Panel of Counsel.
Booking details can be found on the RTPI website.