Family Workshop - Private Law Fact Finding Hearings & Schedules
On the evening of Tuesday 17th March 2020, Trinity Family Law barrister, Claire Brissenden, will be delivering a workshop for Resolution North East members focused on Private Law Fact Finding Hearings and Schedules.
During what will be an interactive session, the following common scenario is explored:
“This matter is listed for a 3 day fact finding hearing. Mother’s solicitors shall prepare a schedule of allegations and a statement setting out the allegations on which she seeks to rely.”
In an attempt to demystify these "trials within a trial", the workshop aims to answer the following common questions:
- What exactly should be included in a Scott Schedule and the accompanying statement?
- What to put in, what to leave out?
- How many is too many allegations?
- What do Judges think about this and what would they like to see?
- How do counsel manage to pare down the allegations and what do they need to help prove your client’s case?
- What happens at a fact finding hearing and what pitfalls can you avoid?
Joining Claire, will be District Judge Jane Sendall who will provide a view from the Bench, together with her perspective on best practice.
The free event will be held at at Trinity Chambers, The Custom House, Quayside, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 3DE with registration from 5.15 pm for a 5.30 pm start and concluding with networking at 7.30pm.
To book a place please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Trinity Chambers does not have any car parking facilities. Please also advise of any access or dietary requirements.