Tees Valley Resolution Matrimonial Finance Costs Seminar
On Thursday 23rd October 2014 Trinity Family and Matrimonial Finance barrister Timothy Spain will be delivering a talk on Costs in Family cases to members of Tees Valley Resolution.
Timothy will examine:-
- Family Procedure Rules 2010 -which Rules apply and when; practice and procedure
- Public Funding – does it apply?
- Legal Services Order Applications – the perils and pitfalls
- When should an offer be marked “without prejudice” and when should it be marked “without prejudice, save as to costs.”
- Case law update, including Mitchell and the likely effect on family cases
- Changes since the introduction of the Family Court on 22 April 2014.
Timothy is a member of Chambers' Family and Matrimonial Finance team recently recognised in the 2014 Legal 500 - "Trinity Chambers’ ‘extremely strong' family group is well regarded for its expertise in public law care work, but practitioners have expertise in all areas of family law. The set is also recommended for financial remedy work, and cases involving companies, farming and agricultural businesses."
As well as sitting as a Deputy District Judge, Timothy is a member of Trinity's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), Costs and Court of Protection teams. He is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Family Law Arbitrators (IFLA) Panel and is qualified to conduct family law arbitrations and make binding orders under the IFLA Rules.
The training event will take place from 5.30pm for a 6.00pm start at the offices of Archers Law LLP, Lakeside House, Kingfisher Way, Stockton on Tees. Those wishing to attend should contact Victoria Moreton at Tilly Bailey & Irvine, email@example.com .