Trinity Barrister Delivers Healthcare Regulatory Seminar
Andrew Crammond, Trinity Regulatory and Employment barrister, will be delivering a seminar through CLT on 9th December 2015. The event, taking place at Holborn Bars De Vere, 138-142 Holborn, London is entitled "Regulatory Law in the Healthcare Professions: Opportunities, Risks and Strategy".
The session examines regulatory law and principles specific to healthcare professionals including doctors (the General Medical Council (GMC)), nurses and midwives (the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)) and numerous other healthcare practitioners registered with other bodies, including the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). The event is aimed to be of particular interest to employment lawyers looking for new opportunities and expanding their current practice into the field of regulatory law.
Professional disciplinary and fitness to practise investigations in the healthcare professions can be highly complex and lengthy, yet the outcomes can have a career devastating impact. The seminar provides practical guidance on managing such proceedings, as well as managing the risks and overlapping strategies when advising clients who find themselves in concurrent employment and regulatory proceedings.The session will cover:
- Background to the various healthcare regulatory bodies, their scope and aims
- Introduction to rules and procedure in the healthcare regulatory bodies
- The applicable legal principles applied by the healthcare regulators – insight and professional development, misconduct and impairment and sanction
- Managing the client and practical initial steps including dealing with disclosure, witnesses and employer references
- Understanding and avoiding the risks and adopting strategies when dealing with the difficult overlap between concurrent employment tribunal and regulatory proceedings when advising clients
- Updates and opportunities
Further details regarding the seminar can be found here.