Trinity Hosts Centre for Women's Justice North East Launch
On Friday 20th October 2017 Trinity Barristers' Chambers will host the Launch of the North East Centre for Women's Justice.
The Centre for Women’s Justice is a new charity developed to ensure that women and girls, who are subject to male violence, have increased access to justice. The North East launch will bring together survivors, activists, women’s sector groups, academics, solicitors and barristers.
As well as a networking opportunity, the event will be a platform to examine the issue of violence against women and girls through a series of expert panel discussions. Trinity Criminal and Regulatory Silk, Caroline Goodwin Q.C. will join the following speakers:
- Harriet Wistrich - Founder of the Centre for Women’s Justice and a solicitor at Birnberg Peirce Ltd.
- Sarah Ricca – Trustee of the Centre for Women’s Justice and a solicitor and founding partner at Deighton Pierce Glynn.
- Cris McCurley – Partner at Ben Hoare Bell and advisory board member of Rights of Women and Women’s Aid.
- Umme Imam - Executive Director of The Angelou Centre.
- Dr Hannana Siddiqui - Award winning freelance policy and research consultant with 30 years of experience on violence against black and minority women and girls, including at Southall Black Sisters.
- Nikki Godden-Rasul - Lecturer in law at Newcastle University and researcher in the fields of rape law and policy.
- Alison Boydell – Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA)
- Fiona Broadfoot - Founder of Build a Girl and survivor of prostitution.
The launch event will take place at Trinity Barristers Chambers, The Custom House, Quayside, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 3DE. The event starts at 11.30am, concluding at 4pm.
Click here to book.