Matthew currently accepts instructions in criminal matters.
Before starting becoming a Barrister, Matthew was a manager at Santander bank. He also volunteered for a legal charity where he regularly represented clients in the First-tier Tribunal.
- Bar Professional Training Course, Northumbria University (Outstanding)
- Bachelor of Laws, University College London (2:1)
- Whitley Bay High School and Sixth Form
- The Trinity Chambers Prize for the best performance on the BPTC
- The Park Lane Plowden Chambers Prize for the best advocate on the BPTC
- Baron Dr Ver Heyden de Lancey Prize, Middle Temple
- Certificate of Honour, Middle Temple
- First Place – Richard Murtagh Memorial Moot, Middle Temple
- First Place – National rounds of the Telders International Moot Court Competition
• Criminal Bar Association